Overseas visiting students who are from countries and regions outside of Taiwan and come to NCCU for short-term study during the semester or summer and winter vacations without the purpose of obtaining a degree, and who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply for this Program:
- Must be registered at another higher education institution.
- Studying at an overseas University that is recognized by the Ministry of Education, Republic of China (Taiwan).
"Overseas visiting students" under this Program are divided into the following two categories:
- Visiting Students: Students who are recommended by the partner university outside of Taiwan or students who apply for the Visiting Program at their own university.
- Research Students: Students who have obtained a letter of invitation or consent from a full-time faculty member or a host unit from the University, as well as a letter of recommendation from their current school, to come to the university for short-term research.
Application documents required for overseas visiting students:
- Visiting students: Application form (with a 2-inch photo), transcript of records (with current school's stamp), study plan, a letter of recommendation either from the thesis advisor or the head of the department from the current school, a copy of passport or travel permit to Taiwan, and proof of financial resources.
- Research students: Application form (with a 2-inch photo), and transcript of records (must be stamped by the current school), visiting plan and scheduled itinerary, letter of invitation or consent from the University's designated faculty or host unit, a letter of recommendation either from the thesis advisor or the head of the department from the current school, copy of passport or travel permit to Taiwan, proof of financial resources (official letters from any banks or financial institutions to prove that you have at least NTD 200,000 or an equivalent of USD 6,500 in your accounts for the past 3 months If the currency is not displayed in NTD or USD, the applicant must indicate the conversion on the letter in NTD or USD).
- Students from Mainland China must also submit documents in accordance with the National Immigration Agency's "Regulations for Professionals from Mainland China to Engage in Professional Activities in Taiwan" and "Guidance for Professionals from Mainland China to Apply for Engaging in Professional Activities in Taiwan" in order to facilitate the University's application for an entry permit on their behalf.
- Application fee: NTD 3,000.
- Administrative fee: An administrative fee of NTD 15,000 shall be paid by visiting students and research students who stay for less than two months (inclusive). Research students who stay for more than two months to six months should pay an administrative fee of NTD 30,000.
- Tuition and miscellaneous fees and credit fees: visiting students are required to pay tuition fees based on the amount charged for international students in the current year, while research students are exempted.
- The application fee is collected only once and should be paid along with the application. The administrative fee and tuition and miscellaneous fees must be paid by the payment deadline set for each semester. The credit fee must be paid by the deadline set by the University for the current semester.
For more information, please refer to the attachments.