- Two types of Visa for exchange students:
- Semester-long exchange students: Apply for a Visitor Visa.
- Year-long exchange students: Apply for a Resident Visa.
- Single Entry: you have only one-entry to Taiwan, so you won't be able to travel afterwards.
- Multiple Entry: you have multiple-entry to Taiwan, so you will be able to travel before the "ENTER BEFORE" date.
- Enter Before (Valid Before):
The Enter Before Date in your visa is its expiration date.
- Please visit your local TECO's website for information on the required documents and visa application procedure.
Alien Resident Certificate(ARC)
- Students who enter Taiwan with a Resident Visa will need to apply for the ARC at the Immigration Agency within 15 days after landing.
- Late application will result in a fine.
- Your ARC will have multiple entries before the expiration date.
Exchange Student Visa Procedure
- Semester-long exchange students: 60- or 90-day Visitor Visa → Visitor Visa Extension (twice as the maximum extension times) at the Immigration Agency.
- Year-long exchange students: Enter Taiawn with a Resident Visa → apply for ARC online→ join National Health Insurance after 6 months if needed.
- Bureau of Consular Affairs, MOFA (for Resident Visa application)
- National Immigration Agency (for visa extension & ARC application)