- Two types of Visa for international students:
- Visitor Visa: short-term visa; for stay less than 180 days
- Resident Visa: long-term visa; for stay longer than 180 days
- Single Entry: you have only one-entry to Taiwan, so you won't be able to travel afterwards.
- Multiple Entry: you have multiple-entry to Taiwan, so before the "ENTER BEFORE" date, you will be able to travel.
- Enter Before (Valid Before):
The Enter Before Date in your visa is its expiration date. So for students who have multiple-entry visa, if you want to travel, please pay attention to your Enter Before date. You will need to enter Taiwan before the date.
Alien Resident Certificate(ARC)
- Students who enter Taiwan with a Resident Visa will need to apply for the ARC at the Immigration Agency within 15 days after landing.
- Late application will result in a fine.
- Your ARC will have multiple entries before the expiration date.
Exchange Student Visa Procedure
- 1-semester exchange:60- or 90-day Visitor Visa → Visitor Visa Extension (twice as the maximum extension times)
- 1-year exchange:
- If enter TWN with Visitor Visa → apply for Resident Visa → apply for ARC → join National Health Insurance after 6 months
- If enter TWN with Resident Visa → apply for ARC → join National Health Insurance after 6 months
- Bureau of Consular Affairs, MOFA (for Resident Visa application)
- National Immigration Agency (for visa extension & ARC application)