International Student Association (IA)
Welcome to NCCU's International Student Association (IA)! IA is a group of Taiwanese and international students that work together to serve the international student community in their transition to life in Taiwan. We aim to foster cross-cultural exchange and friendships at NCCU with a two-fold mission:
- CONNECT international students and local communities through interests and events.
- SERVE to identify and represent the interests of international students and assist incoming students in making a smooth adjustment.
Planned IA events currently include the following (though please let us know if you have ideas for other events):
- A “Welcoming Dinner” for new international students and a group trip to IKEA to pick up essentials for moving in.
- Every semester we record an "Ask Me Anything" video, giving incoming students a chance to get practical advice from international students already in Taiwan.
- We host regular indoor/outdoor activities such as hiking, board game night, and culture night.
- We also have our own YouTube channel, and comfy office/lounge (with Snacks :D ). Come by and hang out anytime!
We’re working hard to make IA an effective channel for promoting NCCU's internationalization and giving the university’s international students a place to be heard.
Get involved in IA
IA’s Executive Board is made up of NCCU international students. If you’re interested in getting involved, click here for details.
To find out about IA activities, click here.
IA E-Board Application
The International Student Association (IA) is looking for creative, dedicated, and hard-working students for its 2022/2023 Executive Board.
The IA E-board serves as the organization’s administration, planning major activities such as the Country Fair and Culture Night and also smaller activities such as field trips and movie screenings.
- President: The IA President is the organization’s public face and is expected to represent IA to other student organizations (along with other E-Board members). The President creates the agendas for both the E-board and general meetings. The President works closely with the IA Treasurer and the IA Faculty Advisor to develop the semester plan and budget at the beginning of each semester.
- Vice-President: The Vice-President fills in as acting President as needed, and focuses on recruiting and encouraging member participation and co-programming with other student organizations.
- Secretary-Treasurer: The Secretary-Treasurer works closely with the President, the Director of Activities, and the IA Faculty Advisor to create the IA budget at the beginning of each semester. The Secretary-Treasurer is also in charge of keeping an updated report of the organization’s finances and works closely with the IA Faculty Advisor on financial transactions and contracts. The Secretary-Treasurer is also responsible for taking minutes at meetings and distributing them to the E-board and general IA members, keeping an updated list of members and their contact information, taking attendance at each meeting, and serving as the organization’s historian.
- Director of Activities: The Director of Activities is in charge of planning activities (i.e. booking rooms, renting equipment) and activity promotion, working closely with the Director of Marketing.
- Director of Marketing: The Director of Marketing is in charge of promoting the organization along with IA (through flyers, posters, Facebook events, banners, etc.) The Director of Marketing works closely with the Secretary-Treasurer to keep the larger NCCU community alert to IA activities and issues of interest to international students through email mailing lists. Graphic design experience is helpful for this position.
All E-Board positions are demanding and require dedication and focus, thus members are encouraged to not simultaneously hold executive positions in other organizations.
To join the IA E-Board, fill out and submit an IA E-Board Application. Applicants are interviewed and selected by a committee that includes the IA President, Vice President, and the IA Faculty Advisor.
The IA is here to serve the NCCU international student community and to foster cross-cultural exchange and friendships. Bring your energy and experience to the organization and help us make the IA even better.
For more information, please contact any current member of the E-Board
For more information about IA, visit www.instagram.com/nccuia
If you have more questions, send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org