【Breaking news】New Taipei City and Taipei City have now raised their COVID-19 alerts to Level 3 until May 28.
The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced Saturday (May 15) there are 180 new domestic cases of COVID-19.
New Taipei City and Taipei City have now raised their COVID-19 alerts to Level 3 until May 28. CECC head Chen Shih-chung (陳時中) said that all leisure and entertainment venues across the country are now shut down.
COVID-19 alert Level 3 measures include:
- Wearing of masks at all times outdoors
- Indoor gatherings limited to five people
- All places of business and public venues are shuttered, with the exception of essential services, police departments, hospitals, and government buildings
- Masks and social distancing required at all businesses or venues that remain open
- In areas where community transmission has taken place, residents are restricted to a set perimeter and must submit to COVID-19 testing