1. In response to the announcement by the Central Epidemic Command Center that Covid-19 Alert has been raised to Level 2, all courses will adopt full implementation of distance teaching (synchronous or asynchronous) starting from May 17 until the end of this semester. The course instructors are required to plan their own digital teaching tools. For more information on distance teaching, please visit: http://learning.nccu.edu.tw/zh-hant/node/1947
2. Due to the sudden change in teaching modes, the instructors/professors are recommended to adjust their methods and/or standards in grading and evaluating students' academic performances.
3. Postgraduate degree examinations could adopt virtual methods to decrease the risk of interpersonal contacts. For any latest updates, please track the news of the Office of Academic Affairs.
4. Starting from May 13, in response to the Covid-19 Level-2 Alert, apart from those holding the alumni card or an official business invitation permit, no visitor is allowed to enter the campus until further notice. For those from outside of campus but need to enter the NCCU campus, the real-name registration must be conducted at the check point. All invited parties must submit their health disclosure statement to campus security guard office 3 days prior to entering the campus. The gates will be closed after 7:00 pm during weekdays and at all times during weekends.
5. NCCU calls on all of its students and faculty to avoid entering any highly risky public venues and crowded places. For the events they are allowed to take part in, they have to follow the instructions of the event organizers, including but not limited to sanitizing hands at the entrance, real-name registration, mask-wearing, enhancing personal protection measures, practicing social distancing, and temperature-taking.
6. Starting from May 17, all club activities should be suspended or go online. Also, the facility and venue rental services are cancelled.
7. In regard to major events at National Chengchi University,
(1) The concert under starry sky: will be postponed to a later date.
(2) NCCU sports day will be canceled. From May 19 to 20, all classes will be suspended.
(3) NCCU 94th Anniversary Celebration: only guests with invitations can enter NCCU 94th Anniversary Celebration hall, and the ceremony will be livestreamed.
(4) Graduation Ceremony: The university will announce the form of the graduation ceremony in no time.
8. The university will frequently clean and disinfect elevators and public areas. Handwash and rubbing alcohol will be placed on campus. Campus restaurants/cafeterias will encourage diners to buy take-outs. Those who dining indoors should be seated alone at a table or keep their social distances and it is recommended to take food away.
Finally, please be reminded to wear a mask at all times when you go out, wash hands frequently, and keep appropriate social distancing. Be on alert for suspected symptoms: fever, respiratory complications, diarrhea, and abnormality of smell and taste. If any of these symptoms appears, please wear a medical mask, immediately seek medical attention at a nearby hospital for COVID-19 testing, and refrain from using any public transportation. When in the hospital for treatment, please voluntarily tell the physician your contact and travel history, potential occupational exposure to the virus, as well as people around you with similar symptoms. When you return home, please also wear a medical mask and avoid going out if not necessary.
Stay Healthy, Stay Hopeful!
The Office of International Cooperation, NCCU